Saturday, January 8, 2011

On Disappearance

Dear invisible, unknown, and probably non-existent readers,

I'm sorry to have disappeared for so long.  I am a Christmas person, and with that, I dive head first into the festivities.  Festivities leave little time for blogging.

Second, I got engaged.  Yes, I got engaged.  It's a pretty big announcement to make on the Internet, it feels like, on an inconsequential blog.  However, it must be stated.  Why?  Well, planning a wedding feels a bit more immediate than writing a novel, right?

But I'm almost done.  I can taste the end.  I don't know what it is yet, but I am so excited to find out.  I feel more like a writer attempting this novel than I ever have before.  Its amazing what putting words on virtual paper can do to your life.  My (now) fiancĂ©e doesn't understand, and I don't expect him to.  Dumbing it down to the "sense of accomplishment" is too simplistic, but its not as complex as what it sounds like.  It's just...I'm almost done.

I'm frantically trying to balance wedding planning and getting this first draft done before I get married.  Granted, if I were truly diligent, I would finish the last...say, eight chapters before I get married.  But who knows?  I have no idea how to plan a wedding.  Everyone says its stressful, and I'm sure it is.  Having just gotten started, I haven't really felt that stress yet, but I'm sure it'll blindside me like...well, something big.  Anyway, I'm setting my goal realistically.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

So, sparse postings will occur from here on out, and I've given up numbering my days.  I'll calculate it all at the end.  Until next time, have fun.

Sincerely,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment