Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 12

Stats:
16 pages, double-spaced
4562 words
Plot Summary completed

I am not a very good writer.  I'm not very dedicated and I tend to write in spurts.

Also, I have been embarking on this novel mission like it were a short story, and I am beginning to quickly find that the battle is very different.   You have to do your prep work before you start off, something I did not do.  A short story you can just walk around in the dark for awhile, flip on a dimmer switch, and you've got a story.  A novel is quite different because you have to decode all of the circuitry in the room.


I have not been super productive, which I guess is understandable.  I feel like I'm still waiting to go back into school mode.  Its an odd feeling, especially since the new quarter was today and I checked my last quarter's grades for the last time.

Tomorrow is my third to last day to write fully, and I am disappointed in my progress.  Although, I guess that these empty days have more been days to catch up on things, which I have done as well.  I'm just trying to figure out how to make writing something that holds the same or higher priority.

When it all comes down to it, writing is just a juggle of priorities, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment