Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Deep Questions, Simple Answers

Throughout all the years of my short life, I have never lacked something to do.  Between school, work, my writing, church, relationships, friends, etc. I've always had a goal, something to work toward.  Busy is one of those words that describes me well.

However, even though I always had activity in my life, sometimes I struggled with the point of it all.

Last year in January, I wrote a blog post about struggling with courage.  I was having a hard time at the point, adjusting to being a newlywed, changes at my job, and shifts in family dynamics.  I wanted to know what my purpose was on this earth.  I knew I had purpose; I'm passionate about a lot of things.  But how did that fit in the bigger picture?  Where was the culmination of all my passions supposed toward?

After daily sifting through possible answers to my wonderings, I have discovered when it comes down to it, the answer is simple.



Love.

Seems cliche, right?  How could one's entire life efforts be summarized in one overused four-letter word?

Simple does not mean easy, that's for sure.  But the more I dedicate myself to this purpose, the more that I find how fulfilling, deep, and inspiring it is.

Jesus came down for a reason, and His purpose was the same.  Why should ours be any different?

I think some people struggle with the classic question, "What is the meaning of life?" for honest and legitimate reasons.  In the end, it boils down to questions as to the purpose of our existence.  I am happy to tell you that there is an answer.  We do not question in vain.  And our goals are all the same; how we go about them differs.

Thanks to God, we have clues left behind for us.  God has given each of us unique talents, passions, strengths, and weaknesses.  Some of us are good at math, some of us are extroverted, others yet are good at following directions.  I strongly believe that our individual characteristics will lead us to the answer of how we go about loving.

Sometimes its a clear and obvious answer.  For me, I've known since I was eight that I wanted to write stories.  For others, a journey through a dark valley is required before arrival at anything close to a semi-concrete answer.  Regardless, there is a path for each of us.  And it begins and ends with Jesus.



Soli Deo Gloria.


Like me on Facebook!


Related posts:
A Call for Christian Artists
My Name is Not Amy Tan
Soap Box Booster Seats
Who I Was In High School

No comments:

Post a Comment