Tuesday, December 17, 2013

This is the God We Serve


I'm not one to toot my own horn.  Well, I used to be, but I'm trying to not do that as much anymore.  (Ironic when I have a personal blog?)  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't want this to be about me.  Because its not.  This whole thing.  The blog, the video, my life.  It's not about me.

Because I serve a great God.

The video above is the message that I gave at my church back in October.  If you haven't already, I would be honored if you would watch it.  It's been on Youtube for awhile now, but I haven't had a chance to really develop my thoughts into something tangible.  What I kept coming back to was simply this phrase:


This is the God we serve. 

That was stuck in my head the whole time I was preparing for the message.  I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I kept mulling it over and over in my head.  The impact of that simple sentence is great, but how could I expand that into something more concrete that people could take home with them?

I'm not sure I accomplished that in my message.  I was trying to expand on the two other performances that were presented that day when our college group ran the Sunday worship service. You can see them here:


I was hoping to put the icing on proverbial cake, tie it all together in one compact package.

I don't think I accomplished that.

I just kept coming back to the phrase, and it didn't feel complete.  I felt speechless.

Then, it began to sink in, and phrases began to follow.

This is the God we serve.

He is the God who washed the feet of His disciples.

The God who made the blind man walk.

The God who blessed the social outcasts.

The God who became one of His creation to meet them on their level so that He could have a relationship with them.

The God who was born a man in a manger among animals. 

The God who died on a cross for His own creation's mistakes. My mistakes.



This the God we serve.

 And I don't know about you, but if I'm going to follow anyone, I want to follow a God like that.



Soli Deo Gloria. 
 

Like me on Facebook!


Related posts:
Grace Starts Now
Our Mission: Making Disciples of All Nations
Deep Questions, Simple Answers
The Gift of Giving
My Problem with Christians 
A Call for Christian Artists 
Reality Check

No comments:

Post a Comment